Dr. Ariel Rodriguez
Dr. Ariel Rodriguez, completed his fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery at the University of South Florida, Tampa. He has completed residencies in General Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA and Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA. During his residency and fellowship, he also completed complex revisional bariatric cases and spent time doing research in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
- Member of The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member of The American College of Surgeons
- Member of The American Medical Association
- Member of The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Awarded American’s Top Surgeon 2013 by the Consumer Research Council of America
As a laparoscopic surgeon, Dr. Ariel Rodriguez specializes in this minimally invasive surgical technique that uses cameras and small instruments inserted through very small incisions. This approach allows for less scarring and faster healing for his patients. Typical laparoscopic surgeries include: hernia repair, gallbladder, and appendix or colon removal.
Understanding that many patients approach surgery with some degree of apprehension, Dr. Rodriguez provides clear information in a calm and caring way, giving his patients the necessary time to ask questions and make informed decisions about their care. Dr. Rodriguez’s goal is to make surgery a positive experience and to help each patient reach the best possible results.